I had a friend sitting in my kitchen a while ago, staring wistfully out the window towards the lake and the misty mountains beyond. If I lived in a place like this, she said, I know it would be easier. I’d have space to do those things I dream of. You know, to really be
Results for ""
Results for ""
Category: A Simple Life
A funny thing has happened lately. People have begun to ask me about winter. I live in a part of the world where winter is snowy and dark and I share a lot about it on Instagram. Apparently enough to make me a spokesperson for the cold season. So people have been asking me why
Tomorrow is the darkest day of the year. Few of us modern peeps even notice it, except maybe to draw a sigh of relief that the light will begin to return now. Even fewer actually celebrate the winter soltice. But the older I get, the more meaningful it feels to do so. The more connected
What if the thought that you have to be anything other than what you are would never occur to you again? What if the need to prove or even explain yourself simply wasn’t there anymore? If you never adjusted your opinions or choices or looks in order to get their approval. If you couldn’t
1. What do you want less of in your life? 2. What do you avoid by staying busy? 3. Where in life do you hold back? 4. Is your life sustainable? If things would stay like this forever, would you be ok with that? If not, what needs to change?
I’m a highly introverted woman. Not shy, not afraid to meet new people or speak publically when it’s called for, but my need for time alone is massive. I revel in solitude, in silence, in the slow and the moment to moment appreciation of beauty around me. I’m a thinker, a dreamer, a watcher,
“When everything on your to-do list is equally important how do you devote your attention to just one thing so that you can make real head way in that area? And how do you calm your body, mind and soul as you neglect or put on hold equally important aspects of your life?” Alicia asks.
I’ve been in a process of simplifying my life for the last few years. I’ve let go of stuff, careers, people, habits, thoughts and all that overwhelm that used to dominate my everyday life. I have less of that now, but still, it seems a hunger is awakened in me. A deep deep desire, that
- In search of a simpler life
- Why I ditched a beautiful career
- To Love’s defence – A letter to my racist friend
- Why I write about sexual violence on a blog about creativity
- If you need permission to rest
- Confessions of an unprofitable human being
- How to burn a little brighter. Or, the end of a favourite myth
- The power of words – a letter from the Psych Ward