I want to share some powerful reading with you today, books that have mattered a lot to me this past year. They’ve nurtured my creativity in different ways, and they’ve also nourished me as a woman. I’ve needed that. Because honestly, things are rough in the world right now. You’ve seen the news, there’s
Deep creativity + sweet simplicity
Sign up for my monthly letters and get access to my Resource Library – full of inspiration and tools to help you live a wildly creative life.
A ray of morning sunlight caught my eye. It fell through the window, soft as a whisper, and lit the geraniums on the windowsill from behind in a way that made the leaves look almost transparent, the colour of the petals glowing a deep velvety red. You know that moment, when it pierces you,
I’m tired. And I’m tired of saying I’m tired. But when I try to explain my situation right now those are the words I have. I’m so so tired. This last year has unravelled me. Exhausted me, to the point of breakdown. And not because I’ve been mindlessly slogging away, not because I’m unaware
1. What do you want less of in your life? 2. What do you avoid by staying busy? 3. Where in life do you hold back? 4. Is your life sustainable? If things would stay like this forever, would you be ok with that? If not, what needs to change?
Is this what my life is going to be like? Is this really how I wanted it to be? Maybe it’s not the first time you’ve questioned your choices in life, but something is different this time. Maybe you’ve come to the conclusion that you’re on the wrong track. Maybe you’ve even gotten off
- In search of a simpler life
- Why I ditched a beautiful career
- To Love’s defence – A letter to my racist friend
- Why I write about sexual violence on a blog about creativity
- If you need permission to rest
- Confessions of an unprofitable human being
- How to burn a little brighter. Or, the end of a favourite myth
- The power of words – a letter from the Psych Ward