A ray of morning sunlight caught my eye. It fell through the window, soft as a whisper, and lit the geraniums on the windowsill from behind in a way that made the leaves look almost transparent, the colour of the petals glowing a deep velvety red. You know that moment, when it pierces you,
Results for ""
Results for ""
I’m tired. And I’m tired of saying I’m tired. But when I try to explain my situation right now those are the words I have. I’m so so tired. This last year has unravelled me. Exhausted me, to the point of breakdown. And not because I’ve been mindlessly slogging away, not because I’m unaware
1. What do you want less of in your life? 2. What do you avoid by staying busy? 3. Where in life do you hold back? 4. Is your life sustainable? If things would stay like this forever, would you be ok with that? If not, what needs to change?
Is this what my life is going to be like? Is this really how I wanted it to be? Maybe it’s not the first time you’ve questioned your choices in life, but something is different this time. Maybe you’ve come to the conclusion that you’re on the wrong track. Maybe you’ve even gotten off
I’m in the process of letting go of my home right now. Our beloved old cottage has turned out to be too much work and too expensive to maintain for us to live here comfortably. And – what really sealed the deal – our girls have developed health issues directly related to the mould we
I wrote a great article the other day, poking another hole in the myth about us not having time to create and pursue our dreams. I write about this particular topic over and over again, because I know this is one of your issues too. It’s the number one reason people give for not going
I was raped as a child. I was raped by my grandfather and later by another man close to our family. This is the first time I write these words publically. I’ve written about being sexually abused before, but I’ve never written “by him and by him” and it still feels like breaking the rules
I’m a highly introverted woman. Not shy, not afraid to meet new people or speak publically when it’s called for, but my need for time alone is massive. I revel in solitude, in silence, in the slow and the moment to moment appreciation of beauty around me. I’m a thinker, a dreamer, a watcher,
- In search of a simpler life
- Why I ditched a beautiful career
- Live it before you preach it
- Why I write about sexual violence on a blog about creativity
- If you need permission to rest
- Confessions of an unprofitable human being
- How to burn a little brighter. Or, the end of a favourite myth
- The power of words – a letter from the Psych Ward